Monday, April 12, 2010

Thailand-Bangkok

Bangkok is everything I expected: smelly smelly street food along all streets at all times, temples, tuk tuks, dirty river, lots of girl boys in Patpong and...noodles for breakfast. Quite honestly, a 2 day stay in this city is quite enough for me but I am on my fourth and ready for Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand.
Don't get me wrong, Bangkok is vibrant and easy to navigate because of their brilliant transport system -airconditioned sky train and subway, but it is just not for me! I enjoyed the Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha and the temples-Wat Pho, Wat Phra and my longtail boat ride through the canals of the Thonburi canals where I saw children swimming in the dirty water filled with garbage and other. The Suan Lum Night Bazaar had beautiful local crafts and great knock offs, but I am waiting for the Chiang Mai markets for the real deals!
Evening Bangkok Sky:



Life in the klongs of Bangkok:










Grand Palace Grounds and Temples:





Red Shirts:


Tuk Tuk:



One of Oh So Many Temples:




I have to say, the Thais I have met on my trip are by far the nicest and most accommodating and polite people that I have come across in all my travels to date. Bangkok is a city of smiles! They go out of their way as to not upset or dissapoint you!

No comments:

Post a Comment


BAHRAIN DIVA

Follow my middle eastern adventure...